Welcome to the Arizona Media Arts Center archive. For over three decades, the Arizona Media Arts Center (AzMAC) has offered Arizona communities multicultural programs fostering the appreciation, production and understanding of independent media expression. In alignment with that mission, AzMAC launched the Arizona International Film Festival in 1990. Still active today, the festival draws filmmakers and audiences from all over the world to experience a comprehensive assemblage of riveting topics and themes.
To help preserve the legacy of AzMAC’s contributions to Arizona’s independent media arts community, this online database helps users search the collection for award-winning films, cinematic artifacts, and work by internationally recognized artists.
The archive contains thousands of items, including:
- Films in various formats including 16mm, 35mm, 3/4", Betacam, VHS, and DVDs, primarily from the Arizona International Film Festivals dating back to the early 1990s;
- Film festival programs/catalogs;
- Press kits and promotional materials (e.g., flyers, postcards, magnets, keychains);
- Movie and festival posters;
- Hundreds of other artifacts and documents representing the organization’s history.
Using the Omeka CMS framework, the cataloging of AzMAC’s extensive collection of films and materials is ongoing. We are adding new pieces regularly and hope to expand the site’s searchable fields in the coming months.
Mini clapperboard branded with the 15th anniversary AIFF logo.